Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

hello baby

Off the Wall Craftiness blog Challenge #18

I created a baby card for little Liam Robert as my entry  for this week's OTW challenge at http://offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com/2010/07/otwc-challenge-18.html

Here is the card I made:
I free-handed a template to create the body suit shape, traced it onto white cardstock and cut it by hand. Then I cut blue trim for the neck and legs and used grommets for the bottom snaps and brads for the top two snaps. Then just two simple stamps later it was done. Easy peasy as my 6-year-old would say. The stamps are from SU! - Baby Bundle and Teeny Tiny Wishes. To keep the brads from poking through the other side I used a wire cutter to cut off the prongs and then attached the brads using glue dots.

Welcome to this beautiful world Liam!!I can't wait to meet you.

This was the inspiration photo from Off the Wall Craftiness's website. The challenge was to use the colors blue, yellow and white. I admit that I did make mine a bit more babyish, but it's close!

...................
And here's a little giveaway you may be interested in over at Wee Memories: http://suchins.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-cards-and-little-giveaway.html
Visit her blog. She's got lots of really cute stuff!!

1 comment:

Kim Wilson said...

This is sooo cute Amber!!! I love the snaps you added, makes it perfect! Thanks for playing and good luck!!