Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Thinking of you


Project #31
----------------------------------
This wee little card is entered into 3 challenges: Unity's FWF, Unity's KOM sketch challenge, and Wee Memories challenge

What is Friends with Flair (FWF) you ask?
Well, let me tell you!
 Unity Stamp Company hosts this FWF blog hop every Friday. And anyone can participate by creating a project using Unity stamps and then linking up here.
So you get to create (FUN!) and you get to blog hop (FUN!).

But wait.

There's more!

Unity gives prizes!!!
TWO prizes.
One goes to a random participant who links a project. And another goes to a random person who simply comments on a blog. So even if you aren't a crafter or don't have time to create you can still play by commenting! I've already won twice in the last few months and each time I received a goody bag of stamps. Delicious red rubber stamps! So play! And comment here because you could win.

Ok. Here's my project for the day:
.



I am also entering this into Unity's Kit of the Month (KOM) Sketch challenge. Every month there is a different sketch in which you create a project using only stamps from a kit of the month. The winner receives their choice of any kit of the month plus 100 random stamps for free!
 suh-weet. xx-fingers crossed-xx

the sketch:

-------
(If you aren't already a KOM subscriber and you suddenly feel the overwhelming urge to join, please use me as a referral. If you do I'll get a free stamp kit! And I'll love you forever.)
-------

Wee Memories Challenge Scrappy Saturday #70 is to use your favorite technique. I l-o-v-e to distress. So I ran my distress tool around every single edge of all those strips and the card base. I had a lot of paper dust in my black shirt today!


-----------------------
For today's card I used:
MME Stella and Rose papers
AC white cardstock
SU label punch
SU ink
Distress ink in Pumice Stone
Unity's August KOM ...What I Know
SU distressing tool

16 comments:

Jackie S said...

Love it!! Great card

Ruby said...

Love the stamped background.

Sarah said...

LOVE...the distressing is awesome! Great card... oy... I must say no to the KOM...hopefully soon :)

jennifer mitten said...

Great card!

Emily Keaton said...

This is a really cool design for your card. You used some awesome papers, too!

Crystal said...

The colors on here are fantastic and I love how you used the same PPs on the banner!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job on those challenges, love the patterned paper you've choosen.

Amy Kolling said...

Great pattern paper and color choices!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Wee Memories!

Laurel said...

This is wonderful!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

sharon g said...

I like the strips of paper. I'm doing the same thing for my Christmas cards.

Judy said...

I love that stamp and i need to make a dozen thinking of you cards. Can i scraplift. :-)

Roslyn said...

Great card and great use of small bits of paper for the background!

Jen M said...

Gorgeous card - that sentiment is amazing!

Aleks said...

Beautiful, I love the colours you chose! I love this sketch so much. :)

Pryn said...

Fantastic card! Love the mix of paper patterns!

Jocelyn Olson said...

The dumb linky wasn't working, but luckily, I knew where to find you :) (okay, that sounds stalker-like!)I LOVE this card, Amber! The mix of papers is fabulous and the tails under the sentiment look soooo good! Awesome card, girl!