Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Put those scraps to use!

Here's my weekly SP and Company Design Team post for the week. I wanted to make a card to show that Bold Sentiments III: Birthdays can be used to make more than just a birthday card. While there are many great birthday sentiments in this set, there are also a few that can be used for other occasions as well.

I used the stamp that says "Wishing happiness & joy for today & always". I thought it could be used for so many things including cheering someone up or even congratulations.
All I did was emboss my card base and then used up a bunch of scraps, including Basic Grey's Kraft 6x6 pad and My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Breeze 6x6 pad, and then finished with a label and couple lengths of ribbon.


But then....I just couldn't help making a birthday card too!!
I also embossed this card base and added the same shape label as the card above but then I added more color and lots of birthday fun! I hand-cut the banner and gifts using scraps of EP Dots & Stripes Metropolitan 6x6 pad and tied them all up with twine. The banner under the sentiment is hand-cut from EP Birthday Boy paper.


Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
SP and Company Stamps
EP Dots & Stripes Metropolitan paper
BG Kraft paper
MME L&F Breezer paper
Divine Twine (black)
Twinery twine (green)
SU Basic Black ink
SU Early Espresso ink
SU Perfect Polka Dots and Square Lattice Embossing Folders

No comments: