Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thanks for being you

Today for my DT post I've got a fun little card for a girl friend. I took a break from all the new stamps and dug out a few oldies. I took the largest bird from the Easter Eggy set and stamped it 3 times on white cardstock and then paper-pieced one in blue and orange using the Paradise Beach papers from Echo Park.

Then I stamped the birds 4 times on the Cabana striped paper from Paradise Beach. I then adhered the fussy cut bodies on top of the stamped ones. That way you have the legs and feet without the need to cut those teeny little pieces.


I added a few strips of Paradise Beach papers and used the "Thanks for being you" sentiment from the For Every Woman set along with the "You're my favorite chick" one from Easter Eggy.



Then I just finished it off with a coordinating twine knot and faux stitching (and learned that a paper piercer can also pierce flesh-ouch!). Even though these two stamp sets are for Easter and Mother's Day doesn't mean that they can't be used for more. Dig out some old stamps and look at them in a new way!

Thanks for stopping by today! Head over to the SP stamps blog for more stamping inspiration.



No comments: