Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Congratulations - baby girl card

Today, I've got another SP & Company DT post in the form of a really fun and layered Congratulations card for a new baby girl.

To make the frame I cut 2 strips of brown cardstock at 5.5" and 2 strips at 4.25".
To make the mitered corners I laid one strip over another as shown below.
Then I drew a line from the outer corner to the inner one and then cut along the line.
You could do this with all 4 pieces but I only did the 2 long pieces (just in case they didn't quite line up. I didn't want the background showing through from behind).

I stamped all 4 pieces with the new Wooden it be Nice woodgrain set and created the frame around my card front, making sure the mitered pieces went on top of the other 2 strips.

For my background I "stamped" on some clouds on aqua cardstock. I simply used bubble wrap and white pigment ink and just blotted until I got a soft cloudy image.

 For the baby clothes I created this template and cut out three, one on plaid patterned paper (MME Dolled Up) and the others are stamped with Large Polka Dots (in pink onto red paper) and Bold Houndstooth (in yellow onto white paper).

Then I just embellished with a ruffle made by running a stitch on seam binding, a flower, and a belt for some fun girly touches. The center of the flower and the belt buckle are drawn with Sakura glaze pens for some fun and shiny texture.
 I glued down a length of twine and created clothespins out of kraft cardstock to "hang" the clothes.

 Then I added the Congratulations sentiment from Ultimate Sentiments II

And finally I added some decorations to the frame itself with diecut butterflies and punched flowers.


I'm also entering this into the Young Crafters Unite challenge to use many layers.

And into the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge to use something new (my woodgrain stamp and one of the flower punches).


Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
Supplies:
SP&Co Wooden it Be Nice and Ultimate Sentiments II stamp sets
Colorbok brown cardstock
MME Dolled Up (plaid paper)
EP Paradise Beach (red paper)
StazOn Jet Black ink
7gypsies seam binding
SU Punch Pack (small 4-petal flower)
SU Beautiful Wings butterfly die
McGill Mini Petals punch (5-petal flower)
SU Boho Blossoms punch (6-petal flower)
Studio G white ink, pink ink
SU Daffodil Delight ink
Sakura Glaze pens
Twinery Twine

2 comments:

Helen said...

Tutu cute! lol I love this! I especially love the little skirt on the onsie! Very clever! Thank you for playing in our challenge this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

Marie said...

This is so cute! Love the embellished onesies =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!