Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Stitched together with love

Today for my SP stamps card I've got a little quilt-inspired card. I have an older stamp set, Sewing Chic, that I haven't used much. So I challenged myself to use it this week.
The Stitched with Love sentiment from that set just reminded me of how much of a sewer I am not. I wish I could be so crafty as to whip up quilts and blanket, skirts and dresses, curtains and slipcovers, and all that wonderful stuff to fill my house with joy! Ha! But my machine just hates me. I'm convinced of it!
I may not be able to manipulate a sewing machine and fabric, but I sure as heck could whip out something with cardstock and a paper trimmer!
To make the quilt I created a mask by cutting out a square from some paper. I set it down on my cardstock and stamped a pattern, moved the square over making sure to completely cover the previously stamped image and stamped my next pattern in a different color.
In total I used four different colors and patterns. My stamps were Circletastic, Bold Houndstooth, Large Polka Dot, and the grid from Journal This.
I drew black stitches around each square and decided to tie some thread at all the intersections. I'm convinced if I ever made a real quilt I would do this too. It seems like a nice touch! I'm also convinced my real quilt would also be as wonky crooked as this card!
Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
SU Basic Black cardstock
SP stamps: Circletastic, Bold Houndstooth, Large Polka Dot, Sewing Chic, Journal This
SU Crumb Cake and Basic Black ink
Distress Inks: Weathered Wood, Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves
Divine Twine Black Licorice

No comments: