Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Season's Greetings

 It's Christmas Cards week over at SP and Company!

I really liked the woodgrain effect I got from my last card that I had to make more using the Vintage October: Wooden it Be Nice set. I was hoping this panel would emulate a front door:

To make the wreath I used Poppy Field Summer. Yep, you read that right! I used the stamp shown below and only inked up the leafy portion in green as you can see below (never mind the stained flowers - there is not really ink on them).
I just repeatedly stamped that section in green while I slowly rotated my cardstock panel until I had a circle. I added some red glittter glue and ribbon and called it a wreath!


For the sentiment I used Ultimate Sentiments II and Mix n Match Sentiments Basics to create the banner.

I now have my first Christmas card of the year! I can almost smell the evergreen and hear the carols...



Supplies:
SP and Company Wooden It Be Nice, Poppy Field Summer, Ultimate Sentiments II, and Mix n Match Sentiments: Basics stamp sets
Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs and Pine Needles Distress inks
Versamark Watermark ink
StazOn ink in Jet Black
American Crafts ribbon
Distress Stickles in Barn Door
Zing embossing powder in Chestnut
SU Very Vanilla cardstock

2 comments:

Cristine said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card, Amber! What a creative way to use that stamp!

Sandy Ang said...

fabulous christmas card. love the woodgrain and that wreath