Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

water coloring with a stencil

It's May already. How did that happen??

I was inspired by the lovely spring weather we're having to make something light and playful. I water colored this flower using a stencil I have. 

 It's one of those stencils found near the painting section of the crafts. Notice the price tag of $1.99. Can't beat that!

So I just held the stencil firmly with one hand and painted with the other onto water color paper. I didn't even use real water color either. I cheated and used my distress inks, a craft mat, and water brush.

I finished with a fun stamp from Unity and was done! 
Nice and flat and totally mailable.

Linking up to:
Unity stamps' Friends with Flair

13 comments:

Dawn Fields said...

This is a real beauty!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Amber :-) the flower is fabulous, lovely watercolour effect and the CAS design is perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Crystal said...

This is beautiful! What a great way to use that stencil!

Sheree said...

Your card is so pretty Amber! I love what you've done with the stencil! Thanks for playing along with the Jot Mood Board Challenge! :)

Donna K said...

There is NO cheating in creating…you did a fabulous job, I LOVE this flower.

veronica said...

Lovely! like all the white space.

Gaylynn said...

OMG, this is stunning. Wonderful piece. :)

JPScraps said...

This is gorgeous! I need to pull out my stencils.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous job with the stencil, beautiful flower and its made a gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Mardi said...

So gorgeous Amber... the colours..and the soft watercolours... thanks so much for taking the mood board challenge at Jot Magazine.
Mardi x

Lauren Hender said...

A beautiful card! I love the watercolour. Thanks for playing along with the Jot Challenge :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Amber for playing along with the Jot Mood Board - your card is gorgeous!
KIM

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Amber for playing along with the Jot Mood Board - your card is gorgeous!
KIM