Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

GIU Day 5, wonderful mess

It's the 5th and final day of my Growing in Unity week!
 I posted 5 projects this week using Unity Stamps. And you can be 1 of 2 winners to win a bag of 25 stamps from Unity! Just comment on my posts for your entry every day.
Since I am posting a couple days late I will give you through Monday to leave comments and draw the winners Tuesday.

Today I have a paperboard letter I picked up at the craft store and decorated for my craft room. It started out a kraft color. I painted it a poppy red color. I stamped parts of the Up Against a Wall brick stamp. And then distressed with a few gelatos.

The sentiment is from the You Are Important stamp set.
The leaves are from the Wildflowers & Wings set.


I finished it off with a Prima flower and yellow twine.

Thanks for visiting my blog this week! Come back on Tuesday when I announce the winner. And thanks to Unity for sponsoring Growing in Unity!

13 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

This is gorgeous! I just bought an "R" that is already painted a sage green & distressed with black ... it'll get decorated one of these days. lol Thank you for the inspiration today and all week!

SHartl said...

Wow! I can't believe you fussy cut those leaves for your gorgeous project. I would never have been able to do that without losing at least half of them. This is so beautiful and has a nice autumn feel.
Thanks for a week of awesome inspiration.

Kris B said...

What a great decorative piece! Love how you used the stamps and the flower is gorgeous! Thanks for a great GIU week!

Amy Williams said...

Gorgeous! What a great decoration for your craft room! I love the look of the brick stamp you used, so cool!

Carolyn at Kind-n-Lovely Stitches said...

Oh, wow! I love this letter! I want to try something like this now. Thanks for the great ideas.

Sweet April said...

Absolutely fabulous,just love all the details you did on that "A" letter. I would have never decorated a letter like this.Love the flowers and the leaves,it so original!

Ruby said...

Thanks for all the great projects this week and the inspiration that you shared. Love this altered A.

sharon g said...

It looks real cool having a brick pattern in the background, along with girly flowers and leaves. NICE combo.

Tami said...

You are so artistic and have ventured out beyond just cards. Congrats on a successful week.

UTs Hobby Time said...

Beautiful piece of art. Everything goes along so well. Thanks for all the lovely inspiration.

ionabunny said...

Pretty. I have some letters I have never done anything with. Inspiring. Thanks for sharing this week. Hugz

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a cool altered art project! Great week! TFS!

Sue D said...

Love this idea. I really like the bricks.